How the money side of the event works
Since 2008 Leicester Sing for Water concerts at the Riverside Festival have raised over £50,000 for WaterAid. All of this money went directly to WaterAid to fund projects in Ethiopia, Malawi and Ghana. Your sponsorship will not be used for Leicester Sing for Water’s administrative costs.
We are hoping to raise a considerable sum for WaterAid again in 2024, and we ask you to aim to get at least £30 per singer in sponsorship, but whatever you can manage to raise will be appreciated.
If you are in a choir which is meeting in person you may like to work with your choir to raise funds as a group by baking, selling bric-a-brac and plants or holding raffles. Or every choir member might like to collect sponsorship (the sponsorship form is available in the attachment below to singers who have registered and logged in) please can the choir send all the money collected and the sponsorship forms to WaterAid (see below). Or you can ask choir members to set up their own JustGiving pages.
If you are coming as an individual singer please register, log-in and download the sponsorship form in the attachment below. When you collect sponsorship, please ask your sponsors to tick the Gift Aid column and add their details if appropriate. Send the completed form and money into WaterAid yourself, donate directly through the “Donate Today” button above, or set up your own JustGiving page (see below).
It’s really important for choirs and individuals to:
- send in your sponsor form with your money, that way WaterAid can reclaim any Gift Aid. This will make a significant difference to the value of your donation.
- make it clear that the money was raised at the Leicester event.
- tell the organisers on the day of the concert how much you have raised so we can quickly produce a press release with the total raised.
Paying in Sing for Water Sponsorship
There are three ways of paying:
- By post to Sing for Water, WaterAid, 6th Floor, 20 Canada Square, Canary Wharf, London, E14 5NN. You should send a cheque payable to WaterAid with your completed sponsorship form(s) with the Gift Aid donations marked and the reference Leicester Sing for Water. It’s really important for you to send in the sponsor forms with the money, so that WaterAid can reclaim any Gift Aid. This will make a significant difference to the value of your donation.
- Set up your own fundraising page! Email your friends the link to your page and ask them to sponsor you. using a card direct to JustGiving who will forward their donation to WaterAid. Gift Aid can be claimed by WaterAid. Click here to get started on your own fundraising page.
- Use the “Donate Today” button above and donate youtr money directly through the page set up by Kim Burley Jones on behalf of the organisers of the event.