Money Matters: How the money side of the event works
Since 2008 Leicester Sing for Water concerts at the Riverside Festival have raised over £50,000 for WaterAid. All of this money went directly to WaterAid to fund projects in Malawi and Ghana. Your sponsorship will not be used for Leicester Sing for Water’s administrative costs.
We are hoping to raise a considerable sum for WaterAid again in 2021, and we ask you to try to get at least £30 per singer in sponsorship, but whatever you can manage to raise will be appreciated.
- If you are in a choir: you may like to work with your choir to raise funds as a group by baking, selling bric-a-brac and plants or holding raffles. Or every choir member might like to collect sponsorship, (the sponsorship form is available in the attachment below to singers who have registered and logged in) please can the choir send all the money collected and the sponsorship forms to WaterAid (see below). Or you can ask choir members to set up their own JustGiving pages.(see below for the link).
- If you are coming as an individual singer: please register, log-in and download the sponsorship form in the attachment below. When you collect sponsorship, please ask your sponsors to tick the Gift Aid column and add their details if appropriate. Send the completed form and money into WaterAid yourself or set up your own JustGiving page (see below).
It’s really important for choirs and individuals to:
- send in your sponsor form with your money, that way WaterAid can reclaim any Gift Aid. This will make a significant difference to the value of your donation.
- make it clear that the money was raised at the Leicester event.
- tell the organisers on the morning of the concert how much you have raised so we can quickly produce a press release with the total raised.
Paying in Sing for Water Sponsorship
There are two ways of paying:
- By post to Sing for Water, WaterAid, 47-49 Durham Street, London, SE11 5JD. You should send a cheque payable to WaterAid with your completed sponsorship form(s) with the Gift Aid donations marked and the reference Leicester Sing for Water. It’s really important for you to send in the sponsor forms with the money, so that WaterAid can reclaim any Gift Aid.This will make a significant difference to the value of your donation.
- Set up your own fundraising page! Email your friends the link to your page and ask them to sponsor you. using a card direct to JustGiving who will forward their donation to WaterAid. Gift Aid can be claimed by WaterAid. Click here to get started on your own fundraising page.
Search, shop, donate
Please help us cover our administrative costs by using the fundraising websites easysearch, http://lsfw.easysearch.org.uk/ a search engine, and easyfundraising: http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/lsfw for online shopping. There will be no charge to you, but a donation will be made to Leicester Sing for Water every time you make a search or a purchase. Follow the links for more information.